Tuesday, August 14, 2007

The BITE

OK - by now, most of you have already heard this story. But, it needs to be documented. The day care where the kids go to school has a policy where if your child is the victim or the assailant you receive an incident report with the pertinent info on it. Everything you need to know about what happened, except who the other child was that was involved. This you simply get from your own child. In the past, we have had some interesting ones dealing with Chris. Chris is usually the aggressor. Example ... Chris struck "a friend" with a traffic cone while playing near the dramatic play area. Or Chris hit another "friend" in the back with a hammer .... you know, stuff like this. The most recent one was a bit comical. It was bad enough as well that I received a voice mail from the teacher. Seems Chris and "a friend" were racing towards a climber. Chris won and started to climb up. By climbing up one step of the climber placed his buttocks at mouth level with said "friend" who allegedly then decided to bite Chris ... in the butt. So, through Chris' jean shorts and underwear - Chris got bit. Now, knowing Chris and his classmates I first found some humor in this. When I saw Chris I asked to see his butt. The mark that was left on his butt shocked me! I could not believe the size and color of this mark. This "friend" has some serious jaw issues. Yoli asked if we got a dog collar for this child! I think that is a great idea. Anyway, Chris could really care less and I am trying to get over it. But, I did tell Chris if this kid hits, pushes, bites.... him again that he should just hit him back. Chris looked all confused at me and said ".... but mom, Kaleb is my friend." I almost started to cry. Anyway, the next night it looked much better, but still ... a mark. Here is a photo taken Friday night ... 1+ days after the event.

No comments: