
Steelers? In the Super Bowl?? Again?? My My .... What a game! They won the play offs and Randy was bound and determined to have a Super Bowl party at our new house. But, wait ... we only have a small 27 inch tube TV. That just will not do. After a week of research he went for the three year payment plan and a 50 inch plasma, blu ray player and 6 speaker surround sound. Sadly, Randy's grandmother passed away and he had to fly to PA for the services leaving me to host the grand party. Saturday evening I decided to see if I could make the TV work, but just could not. I ended up having to call Randy for directions. With a bit of instruction (and a tweezer ...) we got it to work. YEAH! But, then Sunday, I turned it on again, found the pre game and was disgusted with the image quality. Even our old tube TV looked better. And, I could not get the surround sound to work. My stomach was in a knot as about 30 people were about to descend on me to watch this event and my TV looks and sounds like CRAP! I waited patiently for my first guests to arrive and quickly put Matt to work on the TV. I stood behind it, moving the rabbit ears around hoping to get the right spot and a good reception, when Matt asked if I had it on the correct channel. Well, dah - of course I did! The pre game was on! Hmmmm, turns out there is an analog channel AND a HD channel. If you turn your TV to the HD channel AND you have a nice new HD TV the signal comes in GREAT! AND if you turn your blu ray 6 speaker surround sound ON ... it too works GREAT!
So, our friends and neighbors all came over! We ate ribs, wings and bar b q and lots of sweets! A few beverages were consumed AND the Steelers WON! Thank GOD or we would have had to call the paramedics for Rod ... and Bryce (Rod's 6 year old son)!!

No comments:
Post a Comment