One of many things on my bucket list I did this past Thursday! I took a day off and with my friend went snowboarding!! I took a lesson with 3 other ... kids (age 7, 10 and 12). Personally I think I did the best and was definitely the best listener!! After an hour plus of walking up, "sliding" down, taking the board off and walking back up again the lesson ended. All the kids went back to their respected parents and the instructor stuck with me and gave me a private "how to use the chair lift" lesson for the next 35-45 minutes. This got me off the bunny hills at least.
Finally, took a break and found my friend. After we rested (and I took more Advil) we went back out. In the entire day I got off the chair lift twice on my own without falling and made it all the way down the mountain without falling once. A couple nice face plants made me realize the importance of taking the next lesson so I can learn how to use the toe edge of my board for something other than an emergency break. I also never knew you could have the wind knocked out of you falling on your front ... until today. And, as luck would have it, I ran into the instructor a couple more times and he would stay with us and give me more pointers for a couple more runs. My one hour group lesson turned into an hour group lesson and another hour of private lessons by the time the day ended.
All in all an AWESOME day!!! I can NOT wait to go again! Look out Sean White. I may not have my own private half pipe but I do have the drive!!
 |
| As cool as I look here, I am not moving .... |
 |
| Using the heel edge to control speed and slow down. When you see a snowboarder doing this it's like they are snow plowing .... |
 |
| This was the position I held most throughout the day .... |
 |
| I am in fact, moving in this photo |
 |
| Moving here too ... good thing I had the camera set for "action" shots or this would be all blurry with the speed I was passing her by at. |
1 comment:
Cool Lisa, I "snowboarded" once with my buddy Marjo in Oregon. My butt was so sore at the end of those 4 hours. but we had tonnes of funs ;-)
Post a Comment