Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Mother's Day '11

Ahhhh Mother's Day. I made a special request to be able to sleep in until 9:30a (at least). So, Saturday 6am Chris comes bouncing into bed with me, gave me a HUGE hug and said "happy mother's day!!". Now, I have been known to sleep a long time but I did not think that I slept right through Saturday. I groggily explained to him that it was Saturday and he was like ... oh - OK. I'm going to watch some TV then.

Fast forward to Sunday, 6a. Same thing. Chris bounds into bed with me and wishes me a happy mother's day. Asks how late I want to sleep until and heads out the door. A couple hours later Acacia comes in and asks it it would be ok if the three of them went golfing. I said that was fine but that when I ask to be able to sleep until 9:30 that actually means I want to sleep until 9:30 ... not have random conversations in bed until 9:30. OHHHHHH!! 9:30 .... breakfast in bed. Fresh fruit with whip cream, bacon, Chris' famous pancakes, a daddy famous smoothie and hot tea. Who could ask for more? Then they unveiled the "card". They spend the previous day creating this master piece of a "card". After I saw it officially in my bedroom at 9:30a it spend the rest of the day propped up against the mailbox so all the neighbors could see it and off course know that Chris and Acacia wish them all a Happy Mother's Day!

Randy did take the kids golfing and I weeded my gardens. Acacia only lasted a few holes before she decided to bail. So, when they drove by the back yard she hopped off the cart and spend the rest of the day "helping me plant my plants" .... aka sitting on the couch watching TV.

I hope all you mom's out there had a great Mother's Day! And you can always look at my Mother's Day card know that Chris and Acacia are also wishing you a Happy Mother's Day!

1 comment:

Jules said...

Hey - I recognize that paint suitcase! :-) What a great "card". And Sling, you look great! :-)