We got to ride several times over the week end, groomed the horses and learned a lot about different bits and saddles. It was pretty rainy so we were not able to do a lot outside but we still managed to have a great time! Did I mention the s'mores ... mmmmmm
There was a craft hour but the girls decided they did not want or need their mom's there so we left. We came back about 10 minutes before they were scheduled to be done. Acacia was sitting all alone at the table with her head hanging down all sad looking. I went over and asked what was wrong. She picked her head up and looked me square in the eye and said ... "My craft SUCKS!" I about fell off the bench and tried not to laugh. There was little I could do to help correct the craft with only 5minutes left so I decided to talk about the word sucks. Now when she goes to school in the morning I say to her ... I hope your day does not suck! She laughs and everyone is happy.
This is Ruth and I with Acacia and Anna. Probably the only shot I have with me and Acacia together!!

This was an AWESOME fire place! We have to get one of those blower things!!
Boots anyone?
Chillin' with Anna.
Acacia's favorite horse to ride was Thomas. She rode this same horse during her week at this camp this past summer. The last day they decided not to saddle Thomas up as he was nipping (well - biting) some of the other horses. Acacia refused to ride any other horse. Desperate I went to the counselors and said that I totally respected their decision not to saddle Thomas and went on to explain Acacia's attitude. I suggested they kind of casually chat it up with her (without my being there). I figured camp counselors can do anything! For sure she would let them talk her into riding another horse. Next thing I see is one of the counselors saddling up Thomas! HELLO?? The counselors said they just could not refuse Acacia's pathetic sad face ... oh brother. So, she got her way ....
Putting Thomas away for the last time.
Click the link to see all the photos from Mother/Daughter Horse Camp '09.
Slide show of Mother/Daughter Horse Camp '09
1 comment:
That is one of the funniest things I have read - the camp counselors couldn't refuse Acacia! I'm still chuckling - good greif. :-) I wonder if it is genetic?
Post a Comment