Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Thanksgiving with the Internationals '09

We did this once before. Set a table at our church for 8 and hosted 6 internationals to an American tradition of Thanksgiving. It's actually weird to think that as I was serving them I asked each of them if they liked stuffing, potatoes, turkey or whatever ... non of them had ever had it! I guess I just assumed everyone had had those items in some form or another. I knew I was in trouble when I could only try to explain what gravy was by comparing it to sweet and sour sauce "... only it's not sweet or sour ...". Of course language is always a bit of a barrier but the fact that both Randy and I had our new Droid phones that somehow eased the conversation tension as all talk was around technology. I tried to explain that I had done some international travel in my day. When they asked when I was last over seas (Asia) and I told them it was 1983 - they all explained that they were not even born yet.

OK - back to talking about the phone.

No comments: