Randy and I try to have lunch once every week or so but rarely (never) does he offer to just come pick me up. We usually meet someplace half way. But, today he calls to see if I want to have lunch (mind you we just had lunch the day before) AND he will pick me up. Hmmmm .... something is up. So, OK we have lunch and he will pick me up. Around 11:30a he calls to say he's on his way and I should start heading out front of my building. So, I am standing out there messing with my phone. Cars, buses, scooters all going by. I am watching for our black Avalanche when this show off in a bright green sports car is revving his engine right in front of me. I try to ignore this person as if this car is really not that cool but after a few more revs of the engine I take a closer look through the significantly tinted windows and low and behold it's my lunch date.
Now, I have been climbing up into our truck and the van for 10 years now. Getting into this thing proved to be very entertaining but I managed. Randy took off like he just got out of the pits and we headed clear across town, had lunch and then I got to drive it back. Slightly different power than my van, little bit tighter handling and maybe a little more immediate response when you let the clutch out. But, just a little ....
As it turned out, this women needed our truck to move herself so she had to give up her car in return. I joked with Randy about the fact that it would fit in the garage easier than the truck but he very seriously told me we were NOT putting it in the garage we were leaving it in the drive way ... so all the neighbors could see it! I must admit, driving it around town to pick Acacia up from soccer was much more entertaining than picking her up the van. People just stop what they are doing to look at this thing go by. And when we got home and she told me she left her back pack on the field, I was not even upset that we had to drive back and get it.
Funny, but the kids could have really cared less.
2 comments:
ahahahahahahahahaaaaa!!! I love it! If you had let the kids drive they would have cared! Vroooom!
It's a good color on Randy! Vroooom! Indeed!
Post a Comment