Friday, November 04, 2011

Trick or Treat!! '11

The day finally came!!  Chris was almost as excited for Halloween as he is for Christmas!  He was counting down the days at least two weeks out!  Both kids got to wear their costumes a few times before the big day.  School, after school, couple different parties - so we did get some good use out of them this year!


Anyway, the big day!  They each had a friend over and by chance their costumes were kind of matchy!  Acacia and her friend, Jane were both Goth (ish) ...

Notice the lip and eyebrow rings??  Totally Goth - RIGHT??


The boys were Ninjas (not to be confuses with the red, blue or black Power Rangers costumes from years past)

We had the fire pit out again and this year the s'mores were a BIG hit!  I went threw a full size bag of marshmallows in addition to 300+ peaces of candy!!  Kids were blown away when they realized they could have candy AND a s'more!!

And we had sub sandwiches compliments of Jane's mom!

By the time the night was over we probably grossed at least 40 pounds of candy between the 4 kids.  Actually it was realistically more like 55 or 60 as I know Joel's bag alone weighed in at 28 pounds.  Lots of folks were giving out the full sized candy bars!!

The kids and I sat on the floor a couple days later and sorted it all out so everyone gets the kind they like (including mom).  Most of it is stored away but the kids each get a bowl out at a time.  This is not helping me with my goal ... at all.

1 comment:

vkwheels said...

awesome ninjas and cheerless cheerleader! I'm glad I don't have to deal with halloween candy!