Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas Day '11

This was probably the most ready for Christmas I have ever been.  It was soooo nice not staying up until 3p wrapping and assembling!!  Instead, I stayed up late watching TV (stupid).  BUT - Chris did not wake me up until about 8:30a so that was GREAT!


All up and ready to go!
OK - Let's get this party started!
Everyone getting their Christmas hats on.

First and foremost ... Randy's gifts from Joe Bidden .. An Obama Chia Head!  Randy will grow this with kid glove care and place it proudly in our living room window - very similarly to that of the famous Leg Lamp from A Christmas Story!

Acacia got some super cool Acacia gear this year thanks to the ACACIA fraternity!!

Chris got his Lego Nijago set and was in love!  Shown here he is explaining all the parts are characters.

He is still excited about the Nijago set.

And still excited about it ...

Acacia also received an AWESOME soccer ball ornament.

This was a combo his and hers gift.  It's a remote controlled floating shark. 

More pictures on this later - once it's assembled and floating around the house.


Emme got Chris some cool science and experiment like games.


The Tooth Fairy got Chris a life size candy cane filled with gum balls ... my stomach hurts just looking at all that sugar!

Auntie Valerie got her Moooo Cow milk frothier and was forever happy!!  She has been frothing every since!

Nono got Chris a remote controlled helicopter - which we have later discovered also controls the squeezebox and turns the music on in the house.  This took about 3 or 4 times of the music coming on while we were watching TV and the kids were playing in the other room for us to figure this out.


More awesome ACACIA gear!!  If you look closely you will see the LEARISH personalization I added to this one.


I had no idea they would ever be this excited over a book ... that they have to share!

Chris not as excited as I was when I found this awesome Troy shirt in the middle of Packer country!

Auntie Valerie did get a few pairs of warm knee socks!  Her feet will be warm and snugly!

Chris and all his loot.

Acacia and all her loot.

The aftermath!!

Time to EAT!!

Valerie and I marvel at how Mom can assemble two home pies (pumpkin and apple), a turkey, stuffing, green bean casserole, onions, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, raised biscuits, gravy and more all in a few hours.  I can barely put together grilled cheese and tomato soup for 11!!  She is amazing!!



Coming to the table still in our jammies made dinner even better!

Peace be with you all as we celebrate Christmas this year!

2 comments:

Jules said...

And she put all that food together when she was sick - AMAZING.

vkwheels said...

Mom is UH-MAZING! We really were shaking our heads at how effortlessly she put this wonderful dinner together. in my dreams....in my dreams...