Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Mom's Flute Concert '12

Acacia has a band assignment this year that was to teach a parent that has no musical talent what so ever, how to play her instrument.  I was the winner.  I had to have at least 5 formal lessons and learn 3 songs and then perform on stage with the other parents.  This proved to be SOOOO much harder than I thought.  I had to keep a diary of each lesson and this was turned into the band teacher.  I had to catch myself several times keeping it G rated!!  Hand cramps and headaches after each lesson.  But, in the end I think I played "ok".  I still can't read music and had to look at the note, then find what it converted to on the top of page and then see how that converted into my finger placement. 

The actual concert sounded terrible.  We really sucked it up.  But, we did go through with it and the kids seems to be amused which was the goal.

As promised ... here are a few photos taken from my flute performance!!  Unfortunately, I was on stage behind the tallest and burliest men, playing their instruments so you can not see me on stage at all.  Randy has the only audio of this event and honestly, I do not think anyone really wants to hear it.  But, if you do, let me know and I'll see if Randy can send me a file to load here.





How lucky are you ...  click below to see the different songs we played ...  Make sure to turn you volume WAY up!!  I am in the second row.  You can't really see me too well.  You can kind of see my legs ....

3 comments:

chrisandyoli said...

Oh YES We want that audio, are you kidding??

Jules said...

OH MY - that was AWESOME! The kids very much enjoyed this!

Emme Wheeler said...

I had no idea that you were so talented. I could definitely hear your flute above all the other noise - mmm, music! lov, m