Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Soccer Tournement '12

Many soccer tournaments with this team. This was our first over night trip. The girls were all so fired up for this. Their first game was at 8a, so Acacia and I were up at 5a to drive there. They played great and won. Then we went and checked into the hotel. Turns out the hotel we stayed at was pretty much ALL Oregon soccer teams. Boys, girls and all ages. They were running around the place like they owned it. If anyone was staying there for anything other than soccer, I feel really bad for them. For some reason, Acacia did not want any part of the running around. She literally crawled into bed and watched TV all day. We had our second game that evening and then the running around continued. But, Acacia still stayed in bed. Sunday AM their first game was at 7:45a. They won! That meant that they are in the semi finals but not for another several hours. Back to the hotel to shower and check out. As we are loading up the car the storms moved in! I mean - BIG crazy massive thunder and lightning. Word leaked around that the tourney was postponed but since we did not know for sure we headed back to the fields in case it cleared and they were to play their next game. We pulled up to the fields just in time to see a bolt of lightning come down from the clouds and strike the fields!! BOOM!! Just crazy!! So, lesson learned! When they say clear the fields as someone saw lightning .... you clear the fields! 15 minutes later every one's cell phones were going off. Tournament has been cancelled. So no one wins! Too bad as I think we would have placed at least second and that would have been great for the team! Oh well. Time to drive home in this. At one point the car in front of me went through a HUGE puddle and sent a wave of water onto the van. It was as if I just did a nose dive into a lake. Freakiest thing not being able to see anything at all while driving. But, we all made it home safe. I wish I knew what was going on with Acacia. Her teammates really had a great time running all over and messing around. Oh well. I guess we will see how the next tournament goes.












No comments: